Wednesday, December 3, 2014

SO Gaming



I seem to have a problem. It’s one I feel I share with a great many others, but generally get no sympathy for. The problem you ask? I’m a gamer. “But Axis,” I hear you ask, “That’s not a problem, that’s a life choice!” Well, I argue, it is a problem, at least for me. You see, I live with my fiancĂ©, Work full time, and when I come home after a long day I like to sit at my computer/console, and veg out, sitting next to my Significant other, while watching some tv to the side. Well, the problem, you see, is that I get very little interaction time with my fiance. Amnry, my Fiance, enjoys games too, but not really the same kind of games I do. I’m sure you’re familiar with the type. She enjoys The Sims, word searches, hidden image games, plants vs zombies, etc. allot of the games that fall into the “Casual” genre. There are other games she enjoys though, like Katamary Damaci, and Soul Calibur. These are fun games, and are indeed games I can play with her, but the problem I have, is that I want MORE games to play with her. Another issue I run into, is that Amnry HATES using WADS. Controlers are fine, as are mouse controls. I try to teach her how to hold her hand, but she gets frustrated when she isn’t an instant adept. And here’s part of the problem. I, being a gamer, tend to micro manage Amnry, usually when she plays a game that I’m super familiar with and love. She doesn’t enjoy it, and I sure as hell don’t, because now I’m playing by myself, with two controllers, and a noob behind one of them. I want to play WITH her, not next to her.

Online searches have given me allot of sites that cater to co-op. Co-optimus.com, being a good one, Wikipedia articles for co-op games in list format, and other one shot articles of “here’s the best cop-op games to play” but from what I can see, I could not find a site that catered to what I wanted. Games that I could play with my SO(Significant Other), that weren’t the mindless casual games that I don’t really enjoy. Games that a novice gamer, and a hardcore gamer can like together. So I decided to make one.

I’ll be posting reviews for games that I enjoy, as a relative hardcore gamer, that my fiancĂ© is able to play with me. I’ll do my best to give points that articulate why I enjoy it, why she does, and if there’s much of the micromanaging hell I want to avoid, or frustration I want my SO to avoid. Lastly, I’ve named this blog SO Gaming, meaning these review are not meant to be for a Gamer Guy, to play with his non-gamer girlfriend. Its catered to Gamers of any sex or gender, whom want to play with their SO, if that happened to be a bromance, a romantic partner, or with your kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment